Teacher Assistant - Spanish Speaking
Hola! Are you outgoing and passionate about languages? Do you love working with children, singing, creating art masterpieces, and being silly all day long? We are currently seeking an outgoing and energetic part-time Teacher Assistant to work with children ages 2.5 – 5 years. Hours are from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 two to three days per week. This position has room for growth!
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties include leading and assisting class activities in Spanish. Activities include art, circle time, play time, story time, snacks, lunch, classroom set-up, clean up, outdoor play, and assisting children to use the restroom (most are potty trained, but some will need assistance). Must be physically able to lift up to 25 pounds, bend and get up and down easily on the floor.
Qualifications and Skills
Since we operate inside of a gymnastics facility, candidates must be in good physical condition and able to assist and/or coach preschool gymnastics classes. Coaching experience is not necessary, but a positive and energetic attitude who is willing to learn is a must. We will provide all of the training necessary!
The ideal candidate should possess a passion for languages, experience working with children, and possess the ability to communicate well with parents and staff. We are looking for someone who is reliable, professional, and who is willing to go that extra mile.
Required Teacher Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with children
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Crafty with a love of working with young children
- Negative TB Test and up to date on immunizations (MMR & Pertussis)
- Clean criminal background (Fingerprint clearance required)
- At least 18 years old
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
- Native Spanish Speaker
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Ability to play a musical instrument
- Experience in sports, dance, or gymnastics either as a gymnast or coach
- 6-12 Early Education Credits
- Understanding of second language learning methods
- 6 months experience in a licensed preschool facility
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from YOU! Please send us your resume and cover letter detailing why you are a great fit for our school.